It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:48 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Quick update:

Have started painting my warhorses for 3 knights. The colours are as follows (and will not change this time)

Knight 1:

Red and Yellow barding

Knight 2:

Blue and White Barding (loving how this guy is coming out, think the colours go really well)

Knight 3:

Red and Black Barding

Not sure what i am going to do with the heraldry just yet, but will probably have some sort of "OF COURSE!!" Moment and do it last second XD

On other news, i am currently uploading an image for my completed Green Knight. The model is fantastic, and i recomend anyone pick him up if you want a fun paint, or just a great model on display. I will be using mine as a Lord or Paladin depending on the points level, probably not as the green knight himself...even though he is pretty good. My next post will have the pics of him.

In other news, here is my latest bretonnian build. Like i said earlier, i have dropped some knights to reinstate my peg knights.

Heroes

Sir Gwain, Lord Paladin of Carcassonne
General
Lance
Shield
Gromril Helm
Mantle of Elaina
No longer the character slayer...simply because he dided every game to killing blow. Now he has a 1+ rerollable armour save, immunity to poison and killing blow and of course the blessing as standard. A much more survivable general, who can probably win more challenges since pesky wight kings and heralds of khorne wont be getting me every game.

Sir Lucan, Bearer of the Sacred Banner
Battle Standard Bearer
Warbanner
Virtue of +1 combat res

Core

40 Men-at-Arms
Full Command

10 Peasant Bowmen
Defensive Stakes
Braziers

10 Peasant Bowmen
Defensive Stakes
Braziers

9 Knights of the Realm + General + BSB
Full Command
Banner of Swiftness/Banner of Discipline

Rare

3 Pegasus Knights

I feel this list is stronger than my other list simply because my general is no longer so vulnerable, my knights are smaller, but i now have peg knights, who should be able to help greatly with rear charges, chaff disruption and charge redirection etc. All the fast cav shenanigans i pull with my wood elves, in a cheaper, harder hitting and harder to kill form ^_^

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 pm 

As promised, here he is:

Sir Gwain

Hope you like him, i think he came out really well, you cant really tell in the pictures, but the horses armour on its neck and head, is covered in detail. Was great picking it out with some bronze, shame you cant really see it. Similarly, the shield is great to paint as well, and i think it came out really well. Like i said in an earlier post, i wanted my greenknight to not be ghostly, but more physical. Basically, before he became the all powerful spirit he is now. It is also why i picked the name Gwain, as i do believe that it was Gwain in Arthurian legend who fought the green knight...so i found it somewhat fitting.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 pm 

Man I missed the pictures on the last page. Those are looking good. I think my favorite is the red one. They look good ranked up too. Much better pictures/lighting. Still no bases... :P

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Todda wrote:
Man I missed the pictures on the last page. Those are looking good. I think my favorite is the red one. They look good ranked up too. Much better pictures/lighting. Still no bases...
LOL I was just thinking "man those would look good based..."

Personally, I glue on the main base material and accent pieces (rocks, skulls, whateva) during assembly, that way they get primed with the model and basing it becomes part of the painting process. I found this ensures I don't get lazy and leave all my models unbased.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 am 

I base my stuff at the end, once everything or the majority of my stuff is painted. The will get based eventually :)

Glad you like the improvements to the camera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

I really love the Green Knight. He looks smashing.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm 

Thanks a lot :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

When I saw you picked the name Gwain I immediately thought of garth from waynes world, lol!

Good looking model and wonderful paint job! What coloring did you use for the green and how did you layer it up?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
when you paint enough of them, I demand a batrep

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 pm 

I am REALLY lazy at the moment, so i dont bother recording my battles anymore...which annoying esspecially when i get 1 or 2 new subscrivers to be youtube channel a day lol.

My green was literally chaos black, knarlock green, devlan mud drybrush snot green.

Simple, and rather effective ^_^

Since someone has asked for a report, i shall record some videos this saturday. Should get 1-2...MAYBE 3 battles on saturday, so will make sure i get some footage for you, and will probably write it up as well.

Should have more pics up tomorrow since i have almost finished 3 knights.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

WOOT!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:16 am 

Bit of a delay on pictures, but i have managed to complete 3 warhorses, 1 knight/BSB and 4 morgul knights. Once i have completed my last 2 knights, and mounted them on their respective steeds. i will post images of the completed trio, and maybe of the morgul knights...even if it is slightly off topic XD

Not really that pleased with my BSB, i dont tihnk he came out all too well, which has slowed me down due to being slightly disheartened, but worry not, i should meet my weekly quota of knights (which is three...i have painted 11 knights overall this week over various systems) by the end of today, and have pics up :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:09 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Really good

The knight with the checked sheild is my favourite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am 

Thanks a lot man :) I like the checked shield as well, was happy with how it came out :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Whoa green knight!!! Very awesome man! You can see some of the detail, just enough to want to see more. Im going to have to try that on some nurgle knights.

Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next