It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:19 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Cool character bro. Too bad it's not legal to use him. :lol:

And most characters are not overpriced. When you factor in all of their abilities, they are just right. Considering the amount of abilities and equipment he has, I would double point cost for this guy.

Black Templars: 5000
W-T-L: 32-8-9
Lizardmen 3500
W-T-L: 11-0-3
Necrons: 3000
W-T-L: 10-3-6
"We play by Texas Warhammer 40K rules. The only rule is to know the rules."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:22 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
LordHamshire wrote:
Lol, anyway. They all liked him on DakkaDakka... lol

What 'chu talking bout willis? Your Dakka thread has around 4 comments, and one of them is basically saying What Azeebo said, and the other two are saying Well done and Seconded :?

But yeah; Too strong for far too many points. Just because your home written fluff says something, doesn't make it balanced in game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:46 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Lol, I didn't ask DakkaDakka. But, I did ask others. I think you really have to compare him to other choices in the Lizardmen army. And I ment those two comments that said well done... lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWarhammerFatKids

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:49 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

UPDATE: see post. + he now costs 300 pts.

Last edited by LordHamshire on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:55 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

LordHamshire wrote:
GW made a fake little Kroxigor special character a while back. Nakai the Wanderer, remember em'

HE HAD 6 ATTACKS! 7 IS ONE MORE! WAKE UP SHEEPLE! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Just seen the link for that Special Character on DakkaDakka.

He is 400pts. So how on earth is your worth 200pts with more special rules

Here is the link http://sgabetto.free.fr/Telechargements/nakai.pdf

Last edited by gobbo7603 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Well that character isnt worth the price. + He costs 300 points now remember?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:05 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Now you have a 300+ point hero...dude your hero is laughing at lord choices in terms of points.

When you make characters, especially hero level characters you should be thinking of adding little to a regular guy. So boost his stats a bit, make him slightly better than a Krox (SLIGHTLY), slap on a magic item and give him a special rule that only applies to challenges.

Your character reminds me somewhat of Prince Apophas for tomb kings...only on steroids.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
On DakkaDakka you say he's supposed to be a step UP from Nakai, yet he costs 100 points LESS? I sense a disturbance in the Force...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Let's just drop this thread and name him derp.

Black Templars: 5000
W-T-L: 32-8-9
Lizardmen 3500
W-T-L: 11-0-3
Necrons: 3000
W-T-L: 10-3-6
"We play by Texas Warhammer 40K rules. The only rule is to know the rules."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

Edit:Sorry about my rude post

Last edited by something on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:24 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Lol, you people are hurtful. Especially the Matt Ward comment, lol. But he has been through a lot, you might wanna check him out. I had no idea that this Special Character would become such a controversial subject. Don't worry after I give some time for people to read this comment I'll shut the topic down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 am 
Bronze Vault Member

LordHamshire wrote:
Lol, you people are hurtful. Especially the Matt Ward comment, lol. But he has been through a lot, you might wanna check him out. I had no idea that this Special Character would become such a controversial subject. Don't worry after I give some time for people to read this comment I'll shut the topic down.

Sorry, the comment wasn't meant to be hurtful, I was just joking. Sorry if it offended you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 am 

Yes we do need to tone it down a bit.

LordHamshire, you need to look at what GW charges for their characters to get an idea of realistic costs. Just adding a single wound to a character can add 50 points to the cost. You are making a character. Baisically what you want is a character like Grimgor from the Orcs and Goblins. He is more expensive than what you want, needs to be in a special unit, has less wounds and attacks, but more I, WS, and Ld. He has no magic. The closest thing in the Lizardmen book is Kroq-Gar riding Grymloq and he is over 600 points. You look at similar strength WoC characters and they are 750 points.

So what we are saying is he is going to be... or at least should be 700-800 points or be trimmed down... especially if you want him to be a hero... just so you can put him in an army with an expensive lord.. He would have to be trimmed down a lot to be only 300 points.

Just compare him to a Kroxigor... +2WS, +1S, +1T, +1W, +2I, +4A, +1Ld... and these start at over 50 already and adding +1A for a champion is 20 points. Adding his mage level (typically +35 points), a magic weapon (Paranha Blade and sword of might added to a Halberd... likely +75 points) , +1 armor save, a +5 Ward Save (Talisman of Endurance +30 points)... You have a total of 160 points of known upgrades bringing you over 200 already, the +1W would be 250, the other +10 stats and armor saves would likely cost 25 points each. So MINIMUM you are looking at over 500 points already. Then we add in the special rules: Sotek's Target, Kroxigor Assassin, and Unbreakable (which gives you Immune to Psychology)... These would likely add +25 each and +50 for Unbreakable). Now you are at over 600 points. GW typically does not have a linear cost, but use an accelerated curve instead, which is typically why people say a lot of the special characters are overpriced. This would easily drive the cost from 600 to 800, if not more.

So I could see some of the players letting you use him at 600 point, but NEVER at 300 points and even that is high for a hero, so this guy is destined to be a Lord and if you want him in your army with another expensive Lord, then you are looking at a very large game. Buy like I said you are talking house rules and I would NEVER allow him in a regular game or tournament. He would be something you pull out for a special game where you are more of a GM over the game for others. Then anything goes as long as people have fun.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Definately only would be allowed in special games, or I could see him as a character unlocked for a campaign. I agree with Todda on him having to be 600+ points. I would allow you to field him for 300 points if you made him a loner, meaning he can't join units. First turn I would have killed him though lol.

Warmachine Khador - 80 points
Hordes Circle - 45 points

Join my Chaos Ogres and WIP

Join the 2013 Army Painting Pledge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:13 pm 

He is a nice juicy target for my destroyer if eternities tomb king...5+ killing blow ago go!

Not to stray to far off target, but my 270 point kitted out lord took on a 600+ point dragon lord...first hit tore the dragons head off, second hit tore off the head of the highborn then the overkill from the other hits was through the roof. 14+ combat res before the combat starts...mmmmm :twisted: ....*cough*

Back on topic though, Todda has totally nailed the points cost on this chap.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you