new VC update!!!

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
xcommissarx
MiniWarGaming Beginner

new VC update!!!

Post by xcommissarx » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Release in January. On sale from the 14th January (advanced orders for the 7th January)

new book

New minis will be:
Plastic Kits:
Coven Throne/Mortis engine (Dual kit)
Black Knights/Hex Wraiths (Dual kit)
Vargheists/Crypt Horrors (Dual kit)
Plastic characters
Wight King
Finecast Characters:
Krell
Isabella von Carstein
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death"

Azeebo
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: new VC update!!!

Post by Azeebo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Good stuff, saw the images a few days ago. Hoping the book will be good. I am starting tomb kings some time in the new year whilst a friend is expanding his counts and another may be starting...its going to be a mega undead battle ^_^

Problems i see is that vampires have no ranged attacks...well they do...but its VERY short ranged and situational. All undead suck in combat and even having skeletons at 4 points model they are still pretty darn expensive considering a regular tarpit doesnt die when they lose combat...they tend to pass their rerollable leadership. This could spell doom for the melee centric vampires but this was the case in the last book as well...only time will tell, whilst tomb kings and vampires share the same crappy core warriors vampires get a plethora of heavy cavalry and are probably going to be able to march (UNLIKE TOMB KINGS!). And with necromancy being based around healing and incantations being based around buffing...i think it could be a really good match up since both are brand new books. Lightly armoured, ranged and magic dominant tomb kings backed by huge colossi and various other constructs vs the heavily armoured, melee centric vampires backed by unspeakable undead horrors raised from the grave.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

Wulfrun
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Wulfrun » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Hold your breath till the new book, they may become the overpowered doom army of warhammer once more ;P
"...You my friend are an unnapropriate." - Commodore Awesome
"this is why I love you Wulfrun <3" -Sniperfex

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the new book. The models are great, and I'm going to have to get my hands on some of them ASAP, but I might not be too keen to play VC if they turn out to be too similar to my Lizardmen. I can already see how it might play out - epic magic user (Slann/Vampire Lord) in a unit of tough bodyguards (Temple/Grave Guard) with hard to kill Troops and relatively little shooting.