Fantasy Q & A

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
st1mp0
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Fantasy Q & A

Post by st1mp0 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:17 am

ok heres a question, ill keep it basic as i dont know the units names or characters he used:

currently playing my WoC against my friends H.E

his 10 cavalry unit holds 2 S.Characters. i flank charge his units hitting him on the side with my 5 C.Knights!
question is:
his two S.C are on the front rank, can he do a make way allowing his second S.C to replace the model which is on the flanked side?

Ill try explaining with this diagram below
c.k = chaos
c = character
h= high elf (normal guy)

CK
CK C C H H H
CK H H H H H
CK
CK

to:

CK
CK C H H H H
CK C H H H H
CK
CK

does that make any sense?

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 am

yes, he's allowed to make way there. You can make way to a back rank if you get flank-attacked.

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 am

Just making sure I'm understanding fanatics correctly:

- the 2d6+dead fanatic thing basically happens any time it's the enemy who moves into/through the fanatic, including if they charge through a fanatic (such as if the fanatic didn't roll far enough)

right? Not just if an enemy decides to move onto the fanatic with the intention of killing it?

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 am

If any unit friendly or enemy, moves into contact with a fanatic, they suffer 2D6 S5 Armour piercing hits. After that they can continue their move.

This covers any movement, normal moving, marching, reforms, wheels, charges, fleeing, etc.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Mon May 13, 2013 8:08 am

gotcha.

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Great Cave Squig...

for a big boss = 50pts
for a warboss = 40pts

wrong way round methinks...?

potato32
Gold Vault Member

Post by potato32 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:10 am

Question... is this how I would place my models in a 5 model rank with 3 hero/lords and a full command of phoenix guards.

Front
H C C C H
P P H P P
P P P P P
P P P P P
P P P
C being command, P phoenix soldiers and H the heroes(scroll caddy, archmage, BSB hero)

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:35 am

That is indeed how you do it, when they enter combat your heroes from the back rank can use the 'Make Way' special rule to go into the front rank, but you usually dont want to do this :p
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

potato32
Gold Vault Member

Post by potato32 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:35 am

Am I better off with my archmage behind say the scroll caddy or the champion in the middle? Mostly miscast and stone throwers...

AtTheGates
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by AtTheGates » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to deal with an ogre Kingdoms Death Star made up of 9 Ironguts, a Slaughtermaster, a BSB, and a Butcher? I am fielding High Elves and need some help breaking this unit. Maybe a heavy shooting list with a Frostheart Phoenix? This guy hammers me whenever we face off with these two armies...

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 am

This is a question that is pestering me... What's the deal with these 1+ saves? In the rulebook it says you can't improve a save beyond 2+
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Switchblade » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Very simple Sniperfex, a roll of a 1 will always fail on an armour save, however, due to the sliding scale (armour saves being reduced by opponent's strength) a 1+ AS builds in a point where someone with a great weapon (S3 base) will only reduce your save to a 3+, instead of a 4+.
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Switchblade wrote:Very simple Sniperfex, a roll of a 1 will always fail on an armour save, however, due to the sliding scale (armour saves being reduced by opponent's strength) a 1+ AS builds in a point where someone with a great weapon (S3 base) will only reduce your save to a 3+, instead of a 4+.
I get this bit, but why do people keep saying 1+ saves? I was under the impression a save could not be improved more than 2+.

A roll of one is always a fail, yes I get that, but I thought you could not improve a save past 2+. It just irritates me when people refer to something as a 1+ save.

I thought the save could only be increased to a 2+ and decreased from there
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Thats in 40k in fantasy its 1+ thee reason being last edition we had models with 0 or even -1+ saves
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

st1mp0
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by st1mp0 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 am

hey! so i have a question:

was playing my friend yesterday, HE vs my WoC. i had some spare points so i decided to include a chaos spawn just for kicks.
Half way through the game i charge my Spawn into some of his Elves! having never used anything which had random 2D6 movement before we were unsure how to work out the charge from a unit which has that. as how do you add the movement to the dice role if the original movement itself is random.
we looked in the book and had no luck finding it! so with time running short we agreed that best method was to:

measure the distance i needed.
then role the monsters 2D6 movement (i had 7)
then role again the charge range
added them together.

was this the correct method?
if not could someone please slap me with the rule book and then show me the page which it corrects me!

thanks guys :)