Fantasy Q & A

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
something witty
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Fantasy Q & A

Post by something witty » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

So why do temple guard even have shields if they cant use them? Or am I misunderstanding something
Winter is coming

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Switchblade » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 pm

They'll use the Halberds in CC, but when your opponent shoots at them, they can use the shields to give themselves +1 AS.
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:23 am

Army requirements: minimum three units in addition to lords+heroes. Do war machines count as "units"? Playing two small games tonight with different lists (mixing it up a bit), one of which would only be legal if a couple of artillery pieces counted as "units".

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 am

Yes they do
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Switchblade » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:55 am

Remember you still need minimum 25% core to be legal.
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Yep, am within those % boundaries.

Brenden-Calvo
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Brenden-Calvo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:14 pm

hi i have a question about warhammer fantasy... i have played 40k for some time and just started playing. this may sound dumb but what is the rules on the rows and files. what are the limits and rules on them? for example if i have 20 skaven clan rats what is the way you are supposed to organize them? would you do 20 in one row (wich does not make much sence) or like 4 rows of 5 ? is theyre a way it is done ?

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:18 pm

You can organize them anyway you want, as long as the command is in the front rank. However, you get benefits for certain sizes. As long as you have 5 model across (3 for monstrous infantry) you can add a rank bonus for calculating combat resolution. If you have 10 across, you can get an additional rank of attacks from the "Horde"

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:33 am

What should we have done in the following situation:

an enemy unit flees combat from my Trolls (well, "Troll", there was only one left at this point); they flee a couple of inches further than the troll pursues. Start of my turn, the Troll fails the stupidity test and lumbers forward far enough to catch the enemy unit.
It counts as a failed charge so it didn't seem to me that he should've been able to run them down; we ended up just stopping the troll 1" away. But maybe it should've given the fleeing unit the option to declare a Flee reaction and run further?

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 am

A Failed Charge is still a "charge", declare the flee action.

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 pm

1. Can Hand of Gork be used to move a unit through enemies to be placed on the other side? I'm not talking about fanatics or mangler squigs here

2. Do Giants thunderstomp?

phatonic
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatonic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:04 pm

1: not sure about as i dont play orcs & goblins, only SPESS ORKS.

2: Giant counts as a ¨monster¨ Thus they gain Thunderstomp special rule. (unless otherwise stated in armybook)
BE THERE KILLIN' BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE DAKKA BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE 'UMMIES? NO TEEF I TELL YEH! BAD FER BUISNEZH!

CityOfKites
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by CityOfKites » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 am

Any problem with the following scenario:

you have a monster, you're fighting against a character riding a monster. You direct your attacks against the ridden monster and kill it; this means you get to thunderstomp the hero in the same round of combat, because he's infantry now?

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 am

CityOfKites wrote:1. Can Hand of Gork be used to move a unit through enemies to be placed on the other side? I'm not talking about fanatics or mangler squigs here

2. Do Giants thunderstomp?

As for 1. Yes it can, although if it has fanatics in it they need to be released 8" away appearently, but normally you can just park your horde of boyz behind someone, I don't think normal stuff gets in the way.

2. I'm not sure, the giant special rules say it doesn't attack as normal, so it might not thunderstomp as they are attacks, on the other hand it doesn't say anywhere it doesn't thunderstomp either, a good FAQ question that.

CityOfKites wrote:Any problem with the following scenario:

you have a monster, you're fighting against a character riding a monster. You direct your attacks against the ridden monster and kill it; this means you get to thunderstomp the hero in the same round of combat, because he's infantry now?
Yes, as long as the monster was killed before the Always Strikes Last initiative step.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

phatonic
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatonic » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 am

CityOfKites wrote:Any problem with the following scenario:

By the innative, Yes. If you manage to kill his beast that is :D
BE THERE KILLIN' BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE DAKKA BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE 'UMMIES? NO TEEF I TELL YEH! BAD FER BUISNEZH!