Fantasy Q & A

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Blake-S
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Fantasy Q & A

Post by Blake-S » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello folks new forumer here,

I have a question regarding dwarf miners that I would really appreciate some clarification on. I had a game of 8th ed fantasy on the weekend with my buddy, I played my dwarfs and he played his warriors of chaos. The game was going relatively smooth until my miners showed up (ambush).... I believed that my miners could ambush/show up and move 3" then shoot their blasting charges suffering from the move & shoot penalty as per "reinforcements rules" on pg.27 of the BRB. My buddy however completely disagreed. He believed that my miners were not permitted to move and shoot on the turn they ambushed on to the battlefield. Hoping to hear some feedback as we found the rule for reinforcements (pg.27 of BRB) to be quite grey...

Thanks in advance!

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Nothing prevents them from shooting. Since they arrive during the Remaining Moves sub phase, they cannot charge. That is all.

Blake-S

Post by Blake-S » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Clarence wrote:Nothing prevents them from shooting. Since they arrive during the Remaining Moves sub phase, they cannot charge. That is all.
Thanks for the reply :)

Do the miners still benefit from soft cover after moving and shooting??

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:36 am

I don't have the rules on my but I believe the answer is yes.

Chirst

Post by Chirst » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Hey.

If I take a character and give him a magic item, does he need to be equipped with a plain version of the item first?

For example, if I'm taking a hand weapon and shield High elf noble, and I plan to give him an enchanted Shield, do I need to spend the 2 point buying him a normal shield first?

Thanks.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:13 am

Chirst wrote:Hey.

If I take a character and give him a magic item, does he need to be equipped with a plain version of the item first?

For example, if I'm taking a hand weapon and shield High elf noble, and I plan to give him an enchanted Shield, do I need to spend the 2 point buying him a normal shield first?

Thanks.
No, the magic item costs include everything.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Jiraken

Post by Jiraken » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello

i have one question:

Can i have a unit of orc boy big uns... savage orc big uns and a unit of orc boar rider big uns in the 8th edition in one army?

In the german codex... its not rly clear

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:30 pm

It was also not very clear in the english one, but the gist of it was, 1 unit of big 'uns in the entire army, unless you bring Gorbad Ironclaw. So you have to choose, meaning it will usually just be the one unit of Savage Orc Big 'Uns with the lucky shrunken head shaman and black orc BSB.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Slitzenbug
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Slitzenbug » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:01 am

Hi,
Looking to start collecting an army for Warhammer Fantasy.
Have seen most of the Old world wars series and am favouring Dwarfs given how you can create a list of 2000 points with very few models and also not being a big fan of the Ogre army.
Does anyone have any other army suggestions where the same logic can apply?
Thanks in advance.