AoS online resources?

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
AllTheDakka
Silver Vault Member

AoS online resources?

Post by AllTheDakka » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I am interested in checking AoS out. What online resources do you recommend?

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: AoS online resources?

Post by Koonitz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:03 pm

First, note that there is a specific sub-forum of the WarHammer Fantasy forum for Age of Sigmar. This is because many people are still interested in the traditional WarHammer Fantasy 8th Edition game and Miniwargaming still does some battle reports, under the "Old World Wars" title.

I'm afraid I cannot personally recommend any online resources for rules, beyond "The Games Workshop website. You can find the core rules and all unit warscrolls available for download here. Note, this is the Canadian version of the site, but all languages are linked. Additional, expanded rules for armies can be found in their printed publications. Some armies do have battletomes (codices, for those familiar with Warhammer 40k), otherwise, the General's Handbook 2017 will have expanded rules for all armies that do not currently have a battletome, including the most up-to-date points values for all models and units (for all armies, even those with battletomes).

Beyond that, I'd recommend watching battle reports for your preferred armies, both from Miniwargaming and from others, to help you get a feel for the game. Perhaps the WarHammer Age of Sigmar facebook group would also be a good place to help you stay in touch with what's new and upcoming.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch