Festus Potion 8th edition

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
HockeySteffe
Now we're getting somewhere...

Festus Potion 8th edition

Post by HockeySteffe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 am

Just starting playing WoC on the 8th edition.
Regarding Festus and his "Pestilent Potions", do that ability go off before the challenge is set?

Im planing on going with Warriors with champ, and Festus as support. And the champ will do all the challenges, and festus will just support it all.
My question, that I cant really find an answer to here or online, is it possible to make the opponents challenger drink the potion to make wounds? Even tho that champ is in combat with my champ?

You cant attack characters that is in challenge, but this isnt an attack? Or do this potion get used before everything so I can kill of the enemy champion before the challenge is resolved?

Hopefully I can make myself understood of the question :)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Festus Potion 8th edition

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 am

According to the FAQ back in the day, it goes off before the challenge IIRC, or wasn't affected by challenges. not sure how the ability is worded but I'm 100% sure it doesn't care about challenges as it worked that way when I last faced him and we double checked the FAQ when it was still available.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

HockeySteffe
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Festus Potion 8th edition

Post by HockeySteffe » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am

Rulebook it says:
"Challenges are issued at the start of the CC, before any blows are struck (but after impact hits)."

And Festus it says:
"At the beginning of each CC phase.."

So he goes after Impact Hits, but before challenges..

Glad that I have this with me when I start picking off champions in CC ;)
Big thanks for the answer! Massive help to understand the rules! :twisted:
First time player so I just wanted to check the rules..