MWG's Fantasy Collection

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
DerBaron
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: MWG's Fantasy Collection

Post by DerBaron » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:41 am

I don't care that much about which armies are on the field, just as long as the game is interesting. And in my opinion, the more options for tactics, movement shenanigans and magic, the better the games.

Focus on broad variety of units and experiment on different kind of armies, not just smacking a huge unit of, for example, Chaos Warriors to the table. Games with straightforward armies tend to be dull and predictable, and the outcome of a fantasy battle game should be decided by the generals, not by the business department of GW.

For warriors, I'd like to see a warshrine, maybe some forsaken, dragon ogres and chariots. For dwarves, pretty much anything, preferrably some bombers! For Daemons you could go for almost all the Gods, just make the lists flexible and diverse. Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings are both nice and diverse lists, just use the whole (or almost whole) spectrum of their units. Lizardmen could field a lot of different monsters, not just the saurus blocks and slann. For High Elves, some themed lists could be nice, seaguards and those flying chariots for example (and maybe not the 40man block of white wolves with everqueen, that's just boring to watch and probably boring to play against too).

I do realize that using the deathstar units and other optimum choices favored by the meta is a good and easy way to victory, but there are other means and fantasy is not supposed to be a simple and straightforward game. A good and entertaining game of fantasy battle is so much more than just making an ironclad list that will crush everything in its path.

In my opinion.

MustardTiger
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by MustardTiger » Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 am

Definitely support a greenskin army, they rarely appear and as a fan of MWG I've learned (gratefully I might add) all about High Elves, Dwarves, Skaven, Vamps, Tomb Kings from the many bat reps in which they appear. More than anything I enjoy variety, when Skaven and Empire were played by Cullen or Dark Elves by Clarence my interest was peaked, even the recent addition of Brettonia. So I would cast my vote for Greenskins but watching and learning about less played armies will definitely keep me coming back!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 pm

I really want to see Orcs and Goblins. It's the army I play and I can say that despite what the haters say, they are a ton of fun to play. Animosity can destroy your battleplan, that is true. But it's hilarious when it does and your guys do all sorts of idiotic stuff. But it doesn't happen that often if you know how to deal with it. By example, you can put black orc big bosses in your most important regiments to quell animosity. Warhammer Fantasy isn't Warhammer Fantasy without da boyz! They're just as necessary as Chaos or the Empire to the universe. So please, consider them if you have the opportunity.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Slitzenbug
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Slitzenbug » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:47 am

Given how the Old world wars battles have been in 2017, it would be great to see some more of The Empire.

Cullen puts up some good army lists although given his ability to roll miss-fires maybe we could see someone else try the army out.