High Elves vs Wood Elves vs Lizardmen

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
TheCaledorian
MiniWarGaming Beginner

High Elves vs Wood Elves vs Lizardmen

Post by TheCaledorian » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Hello my fabulous fellow Nerds! Soon I will be playing a 1v1v1 battle as High Elves. The opponents will be an experienced Lizardmen player, and a Vampire player using Wood Elves for the first time. We are going to be playing on an oversized 5' x 9' table, so lots of room to maneuver even with 3 armies on the board.

Here's a quick overview of my 2000 point list:
Archmage lvl 4 (Life), Noble BSB, Mage lvl 2 (Heavens)
2 groups of Ellyrian Reavers with bows, 30 Spearmen
2 groups of 18 White Lions
3 Bolt Throwers
110 points that I still need to spend

I know that any responses will probably be late, but I'm intrigued to hear your opinions on how to field a High Elf army against multiple opponents.

*Note that alliances with other players are not allowed
"Gollum, gollum!" -Gollum

High Elves- 2000+ points, only like, 10% painted so far

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: High Elves vs Wood Elves vs Lizardmen

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:30 pm

I don't know those armies, so can't offer much, except imo, any game like this you want to take out the strongest player first, without letting the other player manoeuvre around you (as much as possible). So probably the Lizardmen player, but like I said I'm not sure :)

Sounds like a really fun game though, let us know how it goes!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

stemlog
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by stemlog » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

The remaining points I would spend on magic items or upgrades. Dispel scroll - a must have. Some banners? +1 mov or +1 combat res could help.
Army seems a bit fragile (well elves). Only heavy armours/ligh+shield, giving in combat lots of casualties. Lizardmen and skinks shooting with 6+poison, lots of strength 4 and rending, lots of attacks, maybe impact hits and stomps from dinasours.
Wood elves i have no idea of, but for shooting it seems ok (usually S3 so 5+ will do, and lions have 4+)
Maybe squeeze eagles, they are just great as the name says. Shielding units from unwanted charge after failing/not-overruning, hunting for lone heroes or machines. In this case they may eat skinks - rear charge may get them.
Or swapping reavers for eagles + silverhelms (unit with 2+save and quite a punch in charge)
Where you put the heroes?

You can check ouy my idea for 2000 High Elves
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 1&t=117333

TheCaledorian
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TheCaledorian » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Unfortunately, the Wood Elf player had to drop out, so it will probably just be Dinosaurs vs Magical Weaklings.

All of the characters have maxed out on various magic items (Book of Hoeth, Preservation, DS, and Crown of Command being some of them) and they would bunker together in the Spearmen group. The level 2 might go with the White Lions depending on the situation.

The main issue I'm having with the last few points is: Do I go with more chaff, or remove some chaff to get something better? Now that it's a normal one-on-one game, I probably need less flank protection and more Lizard-proof troops.

If I ditch the Reavers that leaves me with exactly 300 (I'm pretty sure, just going off memory right now) points to spend.

Thanks for all the advice so soon!
"Gollum, gollum!" -Gollum

High Elves- 2000+ points, only like, 10% painted so far

stemlog
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by stemlog » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Nothing to thank for, just in a nerd rampage lately :D

With this 1/1 scenario I think you lack mobility and still armour saves.

Putting all characters in one spearmen unit, well we arent ogres :) if they break (poison shooting+javelins+dinosaur charge,stomps) you are in a lot of trouble. Go with Lv2 into lions (few points saved on a lion :) )

I dont think chaff will work for lizards, but killing will. I still strongly advise silverhelms and some banners

abbaa1234
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by abbaa1234 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:03 am

What they're offering, it's great too.
gclubtg ผ่านเว็บ