Dwarf Miners Question - PLZ Help

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Blake-S
Now we're getting somewhere...

Dwarf Miners Question - PLZ Help

Post by Blake-S » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Hello folks new forumer here,

I have a question regarding dwarf miners that I would really appreciate some clarification on. I had a game of 8th ed fantasy on the weekend with my buddy, I played my dwarfs and he played his warriors of chaos. The game was going relatively smooth until my miners showed up (ambush).... I believed that my miners could ambush/show up and move 3" then shoot their blasting charges suffering from the move & shoot penalty as per "reinforcements rules" on pg.27 of the BRB. My buddy however completely disagreed. He believed that my miners were not permitted to move and shoot on the turn they ambushed on to the battlefield. Hoping to hear some feedback as we found the rule for reinforcements (pg.27 of BRB) to be quite grey...

Thanks in advance!

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dwarf Miners Question - PLZ Help

Post by Stanfar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:38 pm

You did exactly as the rules allow you to do. The miners can move the 3" and then shoot theirs blasting charges on the following shooting phase and you don't even suffer from moving and shooting as the blasting charges are quick to fire weapons, even when coming on the board by the ambusher rule. This is stated quite clearly on the page 27 and Quick to fire on separate page that I can't remember right now...
Of course they cannot march or charge when they arrive upon the board by ambusher rules.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Blake-S
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Blake-S » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Stanfar wrote:You did exactly as the rules allow you to do. The miners can move the 3" and then shoot theirs blasting charges on the following shooting phase and you don't even suffer from moving and shooting as the blasting charges are quick to fire weapons, even when coming on the board by the ambusher rule. This is stated quite clearly on the page 27 and Quick to fire on separate page that I can't remember right now...
Of course they cannot march or charge when they arrive upon the board by ambusher rules.
Thanks for the reply :)

Do the miners still benefit from soft cover after moving and shooting??

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:31 pm

Yes they do until start of your next turn. :)
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D