Question about High Elves-New to Fantasy/Aos

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Question about High Elves-New to Fantasy/Aos

Post by Stanfar » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 am

In AoS a good magic phase? :D There isn't one really. Only in hero phase you can cast couple spells out that everyone with a mage has + those spells what your mage happens to have if any so magic is pretty much a waste in AoS in my opinion.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

UnknownAspect
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by UnknownAspect » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 am

I think it is highly likely that magic will be expanded in the coming months with AoS releases. So far in the first AoS book, 2 additional spells have been added for wizards depending on the realm they are playing on. I've also seen some scenarios add magic abilities depending on what is needed.

That said, High Elves don't appear to have a great deal of ultra powerful magic anymore, but that's not to say they don't have some great stuff in their arsenal. I fully expect the new stuff they'll come out with (probably not until 2016) to bring some more magic to the high elves.

All that said, if you continue to play in 8th edition, High Elves have a plethora of magic they can draw from. Knowing all the schools, plus the high elf lore makes them a powerful force to bear.

If you are trying to decide what army you would like to play as, I'd consider looking more into which models you think will be fun to paint/play with and which army has the most interesting theme. From what i can gather, it appears that just about all of them can bring a formidable magic phase or hero phase to the table.

UnknownAspect
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by UnknownAspect » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 am

If you want to get Dragons, get Dragons. They aren't incredibly OP, but they are certainly powerful. Do what you want man, this game is about having fun.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Lizardmen or Seraphon as they are called these days do some pretty cray cray summoning.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.