Matt gets his wish: Slaanesh gets the axe

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Sklodo
Bronze Vault Member

Re: Matt gets his wish: Slaanesh gets the axe

Post by Sklodo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:00 am

Spacefrisian wrote:Nah slaughter and murder or poisoning stuff is completly fine.
For me or you it is ok. But so is slanesh level of nudity. Not to mention Dark elves from fantasy who also displays lot of skin (see witches) and do not have weird mutations so are more sexual in a sense.

Spacefrisian
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Spacefrisian » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:54 pm

I think GW themselves should have a very good discussion who is actually playing this game and if with this market model they can actually compete with consoles and such, i think they kind of lost sight of that.
The clans are marching against the law
Bagpipers play the tunes of war
Death or glory I will find
Rebellion on my mind

Sklodo
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Sklodo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Spacefrisian wrote:I think GW themselves should have a very good discussion who is actually playing this game and if with this market model they can actually compete with consoles and such, i think they kind of lost sight of that.
Agreed they have lost it long long time ago. And thet do not see it. That is why AoS is such a terrible idea. It will antagonize many of their current clients and will not atract kids (for whom AoS i crealry made), becouse they have many other alternatives (other tabletop games, computer/cpnsol games, and so on).

As for their willignes to work with their client it is shown in their internet presence, wich is a joke in coparison to much smaller companies.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Maybe Slaanesh got the axe because of the new rule system they have? You know, the one where you got to act out something stupid like talking to the models and stuff. How would that work with Slaanesh? Like; 'pretend to spank your models to increase their charge range'?

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Signet-Powers wrote:Maybe Slaanesh got the axe because of the new rule system they have? You know, the one where you got to act out something stupid like talking to the models and stuff. How would that work with Slaanesh? Like; 'pretend to spank your models to increase their charge range'?
:lol:
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Signet-Powers wrote:Maybe Slaanesh got the axe because of the new rule system they have? You know, the one where you got to act out something stupid like talking to the models and stuff. How would that work with Slaanesh? Like; 'pretend to spank your models to increase their charge range'?
The silly rules seem to be the focus of why people don't like AoS (besides points). They aren't prevalent at all, and GW decided to have a little fun. We got free rules, so I can deal with a little silliness. The game itself is actually fun.

That said, house rule is no silly rules :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sklodo
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Sklodo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Silly "talk to imaginary horse" rules are not the problem. Everyone can ignore them. Problem is that all the other rules are stupid/have no sense or require players to make so mach changes to the system that it is another syetem. Oh and destroing very good fluff for something that a 5 year old coud come up with. These are main AoS problems. And of course Sigmarines.
Dez wrote:
The silly rules seem to be the focus of why people don't like AoS (besides points). They aren't prevalent at all, and GW decided to have a little fun. We got free rules, so I can deal with a little silliness. The game itself is actually fun.

That said, house rule is no silly rules :)

Xaric
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Xaric » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 pm

souledgar wrote:So yea. In the entire Age of Sigmar fluff section there is only a grand total of one mention of Slaanesh, and thats about him being captured by a Lord Tyrion. Also, an illustration of the four powers of chaos has his signature Slaaneshi symbol removed, replaced by a new symbol (which reminds me of someone flipping me the bird with both hands...)

Looks like Matthew gets his wish at long last and GW has axed Slaanesh. From Warhammer Fantasy at least. Since the god of excess is a central part of the 40K lore I seriously doubt he will go away, but perhaps they will sideline him and push others to the fore (by releasing a Tzeentch and Nurgle Codex without an accompanying Slaaneshi one perhaps?)
Incorrect the reason for the missing icon is because slaanesh is missing not because they axed slaanesh from the fluff the god of excess will come back in the future possibly when they have done nurgle and tzeentch.

The way I see it the chaos gods will start to be fought back from the area's they are contesting because of the storm cast being a threat so they will send there minions in a search to bring slaanesh back not because they like slaanesh but rather tzeentch would see that they need another temporary alliance member.

In the meantime when the servants of slaanesh will see the horned rats icon replaced slaanesh icon they will turn on the skaven because they would believe them to have "stolen" the place of the one they worship basically increasing the need to find slaanesh because that's another enemy fighting on another front vs the skaven.

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:05 pm

some real necromantic crap going down here...

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Imperia wrote:some real necromantic crap going down here...
I suspect that Heinrich Kemmler is behind this. :P

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 pm

We referring to thread necromancy here or mentioning Warhammer Fantasy?

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Signet-Powers wrote:We referring to thread necromancy here or mentioning Warhammer Fantasy?
The first, but through a joke about the second. :P

cecil811
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by cecil811 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Just a fyi, the new Archaon model (while missing a slanneshi head) has a slanneshi symbol on his Rune shield.

But who knows... Maybe the slanneshi head is on the beasts niple and the breastplate is covering it up.

Sklodo
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Sklodo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 am

cecil811 wrote:Just a fyi, the new Archaon model (while missing a slanneshi head) has a slanneshi symbol on his Rune shield.

But who knows... Maybe the slanneshi head is on the beasts niple and the breastplate is covering it up.
Or in other unspeakable place where we do not want to look :).

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:35 pm

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!