Latest 9th Ed Rumors - MODEL PICS ADDED / RULES PICS TOO

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
TheWolfman
Silver Vault Member

Re: Latest 9th Ed Rumors - MODEL PICS ADDED / RULES PICS TOO

Post by TheWolfman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:34 am

Should the Warhammer Fantasy forum be changed to Warhammer Age of Sigmar? XD

Zrie
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Zrie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:42 am

I think it would be better to make a new tap for Age of Sigmar (if thats even possible), since its a new game and to a lot of people 8th Edit Fantasy is still very relavent and it might be confusing to have chitchat about two -very- different games in one place.

On another note I'm already working on a very simply wound and keyword based point system, just because I can't stand the thought of having 10 clanrats vs 10 sigmarines.

TheWolfman
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheWolfman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:50 am

My brother and I are baffled by the point system [lack of] as well. We too thought about adding total wounds to keep things as even as possible. I think there will be a lot of planning [time wise] just to play a quick game, to make it enjoyable for everyone.

Again though, I really don't care if I lose. I am there to roll dice, socialize and have fun.

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:20 am

Nappen wrote:I do think a balancing system as at least an optional guide, for those who want a more even game would be nice. Ther should be some tax or way to balance the options, etc.
Or lack thereof.
I wonder if that will be part of an eventual "big rule book" with more complex rules.
But that's the thing. Apparently this is it. There is no so called 9th ed release with a big rulebook and full on starter box. All models will come with all their relevant rules in their kit.

They've done some drastic changes before, but not like this. Fifth to 6th ed fantasy, gave out a small supplement called Ravening hordes, as kind of a stop gap measure for armies until they got their new books, but you were told that you were getting a codex and the rules weren't this.....watered down.

Second to third ed 40k was even bigger and like now with fantasy, was pretty much a whole new game. You had all the barebones army lists in the rule book, but like with the above statement, you were told there would be more content for your army. Plus there enough rules and missions to give it some complexity. Ironically, most of the core rules and stats for many units are still the same since third ed.

Granted 40k needed to be streamlined a bit at that point, but at least you still had options to kit out your guys and PTS VALUES for everything.

Looks like the rumours were true that a good half of their design team quit the company over the new direction things were headed. As this would explain what we are getting now.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

ParanoidEngineer
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by ParanoidEngineer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 am

Hey do any of you guys know where I can buy a chalice, a beard-growing kit, dance lessons and an automatic dice-picker? I'm new to Age of Sigmar and I need the auxiliary kit. Cheers!
I can't think of a witty signature.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:19 am

FWIW, Ash and I have been discussing using Wounds as the new Points: ie, you'd agree to play a 50 Wound game. We haven't actually got around to seeing if that's reasonable or not, but there you have it.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 am

It isn't up yet on the North America site yet.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 am

Nappen wrote:It isn't up yet on the North America site yet.
It was last night, clear your browser cache.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:52 am

Stupid iPad...I can't figure out how to clear it.

It comes up if I change to any delivery country except the U.S. or Canada.

ParanoidEngineer
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by ParanoidEngineer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:08 am

Epic Duck Mike wrote:FWIW, Ash and I have been discussing using Wounds as the new Points: ie, you'd agree to play a 50 Wound game. We haven't actually got around to seeing if that's reasonable or not, but there you have it.
This seems fine but it's incredibly limiting for big armies like Ogres: Mournfang alone as 6 wounds each, Tyrants are 8 and Stonehorns can hit 12 - that's four models that make up over half of a 50 wound army already, which to my mind would be fairly standard. Even taking pure Ogres only lets you take 12 guys.

It also renders some units completely obsolete - going back to Ogres, why would I take Ogres over Ironguts? They're tougher, do more damage and have better bravery. Same applies to guys like Elves, where Spearmen would be completely replaced by Sea Guard, or even things like Phoenix Guard. There has to be some sort of acceptable balance of "pure elite units" and "basic troops", otherwise most units are pointless.
I can't think of a witty signature.

Zrie
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Zrie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:40 am

My idea of a wound point system would be something like 1 point per wound and if the model have a keyword like hero, monster, warmachine then the cost would get doubled.. simply because those should be more rare then normal troops. So I would get 10 clanrats for the cost of one gray seer or 24 clanrats for the Price of a Hellpit Abomb.

Been trying to compare Clanrats to Sigmarine Liberators to see when those units would be "equally strong".. I'd say 15 Liberators vs 30 Clanrats would be the magic number! But thats out from this simple 'math' that I've done the red and blue show which unit that got which benefits; http://i.imgur.com/kxw9VCE.png

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:08 pm

I have tried on multiple devices and no luck. It must be because I am stationed in Germany now.

TheWolfman
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheWolfman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Just finished watched ash and Owen play age of kill everything. A point system for balance is desperately needed. Maybe Owen and Ash can use the points per model in the codex next and see how that balances out. Aware that will be an issue for the new armies.

Also... may be worth seeing how many wounds per army in the starter box too... see if it's balanced at all..