1000 Point High Elf Cavalry list

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

1000 Point High Elf Cavalry list

Post by mrshadowguy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:39 am

So, I usually play Dwarfs in Fantasy, but I felt like giving something new a go. I've got High Elves now and wanted to run an all mounted list. Is this viable? And would this list work? Any feed back appreciated.

High Elf 1000 Cav list

Prince 140
Steed 20
Iithilmar Barding 7
Dragon Armor 20
Star Lance 30
Blade of Leaping Gold 70

Mage 85
Level 2 35
Steed 10
Barding 5

11 Silver Helms 231
Full Command 30
Shields 22

5 Dragon Princes 145
Full Command 30

White Lion Chariot 120

That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: 1000 Point High Elf Cavalry list

Post by Arnathos » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 am

I would drop the prince for another unit of silver helms, or a couple of units of reavers. But to answer your question, yes it is viable as long as you don't play watchtower, in which case you almost auto-lose.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: 1000 Point High Elf Cavalry list

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:58 pm

mrshadowguy wrote:So, I usually play Dwarfs in Fantasy, but I felt like giving something new a go. I've got High Elves now and wanted to run an all mounted list. Is this viable? And would this list work? Any feed back appreciated.

High Elf 1000 Cav list

Prince 140
Steed 20
Iithilmar Barding 7
Dragon Armor 20
Star Lance 30
Blade of Leaping Gold 70
Can't have 2 magic weapons. There's a build I've often seen and fought against and it's called the murder noble. You basically have the same gear except give him the giant blade and other tricksters shard. Now your guy is asf, is always hitting at str 7 and forces anyone in btb contact to re roll their successful ward saves. It's like having your own blender vampire!
Mage 85
Level 2 35
Steed 10
Barding 5

11 Silver Helms 231
Full Command 30
Shields 22

5 Dragon Princes 145
Full Command 30
Not sure about this. I don't feel that this unit works very well with such a small unit size. I would wait till a larger points size before you add in another main combat block. Perhaps another chariot instead and something like a dispell scroll for the mage.
White Lion Chariot 120

Are you keeping them as pure high elves or will you be planning on turning this into a Khaine elf force. The latter option can give you even more choice for a pure cav force.
Arnathos wrote:I would drop the prince for another unit of silver helms, or a couple of units of reavers. But to answer your question, yes it is viable as long as you don't play watchtower, in which case you almost auto-lose.
Imo, silverhelms are kind've meh. Great to get your min core taken care of and get a hvy cav unit but I've seen them often struggle against anything with a high armour save or toughness and they fold like nothing if something half decent in a fight ever get's to charge them.

I kind've agree about dropping the prince. Seems like way too many points invested in 1 guy at this game size where they may not earn the pts invested back during a game. I think it could work, but either way is decent.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.