newb question of the week (day?) what happened to Bretonnia?

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

newb question of the week (day?) what happened to Bretonnia?

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I don't mean in the lore, unless that's relevant and someone wants to 'splain it ;) I'm curious because it looks like GW killed them (as a force people play)? I mean, there's like 20 models, so unless they're *really* OP...

been curious about that for a bit, thanks for any insight
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: newb question of the week (day?) what happened to Breton

Post by coldsteel » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Their list was pretty limited. Knights, Questing Knights, Grail Knights then peasants on foot.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Obviously no one knows for certain, but various rumors point to Bretonnia getting rolled into Empire for 9th Edition. At this point there is no solid knowledge, but the main concept is armies get combined into more manageable factions, choices get reduced, and the lines will be "spiced" with special limited-duration releases throughout the product lifespan. Many Bretonnia units haven't been available for over a year now.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Oh wow

interesting re: rumors of 9th & Empire, just because... I kinda wondered if that might happen

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 pm

There's also rumors of a new army, along the lines of 'Space Marines....not in space'. I've always wanted to start a Bret army (is there an army besides Elves/Lizardmen I haven't wanted to start) and figured I'd go with that. Oh yeah, I heard that they were supposed to be in the new starter set :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:15 pm

I always wanted to do a Brets army as well. I had planned to use my family coat of arms as the Baron's heraldry. I'd do the men and the Errants in that color, but then the knights and the grails in their own.

Remember though, this is only rumor, so who knows? I will say I think it looks bad for Brets though.

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Dez wrote:There's also rumors of a new army, along the lines of 'Space Marines....not in space'. I've always wanted to start a Bret army (is there an army besides Elves/Lizardmen I haven't wanted to start) and figured I'd go with that. Oh yeah, I heard that they were supposed to be in the new starter set :)
Me thinks so too. They must be holding them off to be a bigger player in the new edition. As for being rolled into Empire, not sure. For the armies that don't have their own end times book, I heard that certain armies are allowed a percentage of allied units to be taken, so for instance an empire force could have 25% of force made of up allies dwarfs and so on.

There's just so many rumours and many of them contradictory, going around that it's hard to tell what's really going on. I don't think they'll be gone though.

If the sisters can still around so can the knights.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:46 am

ooh space marines not in space that'd be cool. Ah well, I need another army like... well I don't lol I haven't even gotten to fully play with my scurvy Skaven!

Still, I do like the Bretonnian models a lot. Be good for D&D/Pathfinder night as well (yet more minis yay!)