What next? - wood elves

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
BigAxeGod
MiniWarGaming Veteran

What next? - wood elves

Post by BigAxeGod » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:03 am

Hi,

My girlfriend has recently started a wood elves army to combat my ogres. She wants to know what to buy next. I told her I knew just the people who would be able to help. So I put it to you guys. What does she need for ogre killing?

Currently she has:
-1 spellsinger
-16 glade guard
-10 wildwood rangers
-5 wild riders

Any help would be brilliant :)
Khorne Daemonkin mostly right now...ask again next week.

My WIP Thread: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 8&t=115134

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: What next? - wood elves

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Generally speaking, there's a few things that ogres really hate. Anything that causes multiple wounds, or affects their initiative or leadership values is the best.

Should she want to use the end times khaine book, there's a ton of options, other wise I'd grab sisters of twilight special characters as one of them has a multi wound ranged attack, treeman if you don't have a firebelly, more wildwood rangers(they get better when fighting fear causing troops like ogres, and so on.

Anything in the book that has poisoned attacks is also great to get around that t 4 of your guys.

Lastly, she should be loading up on a lot of death magic. When she finds out how mad you'll get when she purple sun's your units off the board she won't ever want to stop!
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Corathan
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: What next? - wood elves

Post by Corathan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:37 am

Treemen - Tree Whack will destroy Ogre Heroes/Lords
Life Magic on a lvl 4 Mage - Make the elves Toughness 7 with a 4+ Regen. Put it on Eternal Guard in a Poison Forest and never worry about anything.
Deepwood Scouts with Hagbane Arrows - Move, shoot, move and shoot.
Glade Riders - See above

Wild Riders are amazing. 15 str 5 armor piercing attacks on the charge. Mmmm good.
Hitting on 3s, wounding on 3s. Or put a Death Mage with them and lower those ogres pesky toughness.
Blood Angels: 2500
Traitor Guard/Daemons: 1850
Eldar: 4860
Black Templars: 2250
Wood Elves: 3750