The Horned Rat smiles on its subjects!

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: The Horned Rat smiles on its subjects!

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:42 pm

lol @ year of the Rat - nice!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:17 pm

So does this mean it's year of the goat/beastmen?
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:31 am

For me it's Year of the Lamenters :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:43 am

\m/

Got my books today! Rise of Horned Rat and a couple older ones I don't have.

Was funny, the box came with a bunch of Ebay stuffs I ordered for painting, and the box was crunched pretty good and open... like someone'd looked in it... and then gone like, ugh books! and left it lol. Just glad wasn't stolen or anything. I'm kinda a book - a - holic so... I'd be pretty annoyed.

Anyway, back to sorting paints awaiting rat ogre love :D

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 am

Oh I'm a bibliophile too, most of the time I have to have the Limited Editions....but there's been so many of them.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Got my stormfiends today!!! rawr!! dying because no time to paint/put them together... well and the stack of other things I'm working on. I need to really finish at least the first 1000 or so points of my army dangit so I can really start playing and get the hang of the game! /me puts on super mom mode to get stuff done

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Oooh how exciting, can't wait to pick mine up tomorrow!

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:41 pm

I picked up TWO boxes of them this past Wednesday. I haven't had a chance to build anything yet. I'm armpit deep into the second Warp Lightning Cannon, and after that I am doing a Screaming Bell. I was supposed to do a unit of plague monks this week, but a combination of events AND a generous dollop of "I don' wanna!!" and I didn't even get them build. Meh. I need a Packmaster (I don't have a 'super mom' mode) - either of you two available?

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:09 am

I am curious if anyone other than me has noticed this:

The new units for Skaven (Verminlord, Thanquol, Stormfiends) have been written to remove a lot of the negative random penalties that we normally suffer. No Black Powder tables for the Stormfiend weapons, etc. I find this ... interesting.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:23 am

I did and I do :)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Huh I only have the stormfiends so I hadn't noticed (and I'm not very familiar with their rules). I *did* notice their unit size is 3... which is nice, since they come 3 to a set.

I still need my other box! I think the guy I ordered em from (my local gaming/comic store) kinda forgot sigh. He's awesome but his memory's about as good as mine lol

anyway, chatting too much sorry! back to painting! good luck Tiger Dave you can do it! hah

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:09 pm

The Plaguebearers are not happening this week. Period. However, I did get the second Warp Lightning Cannon done, and some more work on the HPA. I think I can have him, one unit of infantry x20, and the doomwheel done by next week. I *might* get one of the Stormfiends units built. The Verminlord is coming along nicely too.

I am going to be scooting to Tucson this afternoon for some gaming. I'm hoping to do a Border Patrol (500 pts; one hero; 1-3 core units; only one Special OR Rare; no unit bigger than 25 models; 2d3 Winds of Magic phase) and then judge the New Year New Army challenge.

My Army
Warlock Engineer (level 1 Wizard)
- Warp Energy Condenser, Warpstone Armor, Warplock Pistol

24x Clanrats (hand weapon, shield)
- Full Command, Warlock bunker

25x Clanrats (hand weapon, shield)
- Full Command

6x Giant Rats and Packmaster

Warp Lightning Cannon

Not too fancy a list. Rats attempting to pull enemy units, hammer with the clan rats. Warlock and Cannon support by fire. Backup fighting.

Changes I want to make when I have the models:

25x Stormvermin w/shield, Full Command, Banner of Verminous Speed

12x Giant Rats and 2x Packmasters. Acts as anvil bait while Stormvermin hammer.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:39 pm

Hope you had fun!

Man was I disappoint today when my Stormfiends weren't at my LGS. GW screwed up the order numbers...and sent Zombies instead. It sucks because I don't get out to the LGS much...

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:57 am

STORMFIENDS!!!!!
Any time at the Entrada de Oro store is a good time. We didn't get much game in, but I *DID* get a chance to introduce a Fantasy noob to the game and run though some of the basics with him. This is always a win.

Plus, found out some critical errors with that list. The Stormvermin are a *must*. I simply don't have access to "cute stuff" that overcomes our crappy stats. Also, I think I need to drop the armor and maybe even the condensor and maybe even the wizard and go for Doomrocket. Will spend tomorrow building and pondering.