I need help with my Empire army's fluff.

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
DeathxxDealer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

I need help with my Empire army's fluff.

Post by DeathxxDealer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Ok guys I need some help. I am working on my Empire army and am having some creative difficulties. The army is from Altdorf, but I cant think of a good name for the army itself. I have named most of the Lords and Heroes. Also what title would most Generals of the Empire posses? Such as Baron, Lord, ect. I will list the names in case anyone has any recommendations or critics. I used a name generator and just kept generating and picking names I liked. Also I am a huge Sigmar fanboy so he is the main Faith of the Soldiers in the Army.

Lords
General of the Empire- Alaric von Krieg
Battle Wizard-
Battle Wizard-
Arch Lector-
Heroes
Captain of the Empire- Henrich Engle
Warrior Priest- Rupert Haigermann
Warrior Priest- Nicolaus Lochen
Master Engineer- Marcus Elster
Master Engineer- Martin Elster
Witch Hunter- Valdric Koch
Armies
Orks
Blood Angels
Imp Guard
Chaos Space Marines

Empire
Vampire Counts
High Elves
Warriors of Chaos

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: I need help with my Empire army's fluff.

Post by Arnathos » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:47 am

In previous editions the general of the Empire was called Elector Count instead, however if your army is from Altdorf I believe your 'elector count' is Emperor Karl Franz. So I guess it could just be a general. Lords and barons are more of a brettonian thing.

As for the army name, that's up to you!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

c12
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by c12 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:46 am

Imperial General should be a valid title given by any Elector Count. If your General is cavalry, I guess he could also be a Grand Master of a regional Knight Order (even one you totally create).

I believe an Imperial army would have an official name (such as ''The 8th regiment of Altdorf") and a usage-name (such as "The Dragons of Von Krieg"). Historically, many troops are known/remembered after their usage-name more than their official one.

Another option would be to wait for your first victory and name your army regarding the scenario. Let's say you win a Watchtower scenario, you could name them the "Unshaken of Alaric" for instance...
Last edited by c12 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeathxxDealer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DeathxxDealer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks guys for the input, I have been reading the End Times stuff including The Fall of Altdorf. I am thinking of naming the army Altdorf's Avengers and work the fluff around End Times fluff when I finish the book.
Armies
Orks
Blood Angels
Imp Guard
Chaos Space Marines

Empire
Vampire Counts
High Elves
Warriors of Chaos