Decided to start Dark Elves. What should I get first..?

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Merellin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Decided to start Dark Elves. What should I get first..?

Post by Merellin » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:52 pm

So, I in the end decided that I love the looks of the Dark Elf models and so I have 10 Darkshards and the army book. But what should be my next purchase? I'm thinking of saving up for the Dark Elf Warhost of Naggaroth as it saves a bit of money, And seems to be a nice start of an army, I am considering building the warriors in the box as bleakswords as I remember that I used to like sword and shield better then spear..

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Decided to start Dark Elves. What should I get first..?

Post by Zeruel13 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:10 am

Dark Riders, Bolt Throwers, Shades and Doomfire Warlocks are probably the biggest must haves in the book. For core Witch Elves have always done well by me. I also typically run Dreadspears over Bleakswords. They aren't a main line combat unit for me, just a bunker for my mages and bsb so they won't often be charging but getting charged so for my money with the ability to buff their strength with power of darkness or mindrazor you get more mileage out of the extra rank of attacks.

Merellin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Merellin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:03 pm

I do kind of wanna do something with Wood Elves aswell as they where my first army ever way back in the day.. Is the end Times: Khaine book worth it for a combined elf army..?

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Absolutely. The eternity king army is good enough to considered by many to be borderline broken.

Executioners are also a strong choice. Killing blow great weapon guys that strike at initiative are no joke.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.