I need advice on what to add to my nurgle themed army.

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Xaric
MiniWarGaming Veteran

I need advice on what to add to my nurgle themed army.

Post by Xaric » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:28 pm

The glottkin (consult the book for points)

Herald of Nurgle (205 points)
+ Fecundity
+ Battle Standard bearer with Razor Standard

35x Plaguebearers in horde formation (500 points)
+ Plagueridden
+ Musician
+ Standard bearer with Standard of Discipline

So the optional I have left and I want to spend the rest of my points on special and at least 1 rare.

(Special)
Nurglings
Beast of Nurgle
Chosen
Chaos Knights
Putrid Blightkings

-Please feel free add more because I am a daemons player and I do not possess the warrior of chaos book or beastmen as of yet also I am basing the choice of the warhammer webpage based on pictures of what can be represented as nurgle but not to the point as a count as-

(Rare)
Soulgrinder
Hellcannon (easy to make into nurgle and make a plague cannon)
Plague Drones

Please note I will only ever add models to the army not for wining but to make the army awesome in a nurgles mindset

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: I need advice on what to add to my nurgle themed army.

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:02 am

Needs more cowbell.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:47 am

Nurgle soulgrinders are great tarpits and if you give them a firethrower they can do some filthy things when combined with epidemius.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Xaric
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Xaric » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:12 pm

I am trying to stay away from models like epidemius I am not a big fan of his model also his rules they just feel like everyone must take him because he's a crutch and without him your going to loose that and I use round base's on trays with tile spacers so the models are legal in fantasy and useable in 40k without movement trays unfortunately there is no 60mm round/square base only 50mm square and 60mm round. so no daemon prince and no named hero's/lords as for great unclean one I tend to stick with using the FW one people I play against don't mind me using him because lets just face it HES FREAKING AWESOME.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:08 am

Why not put some magnets on the models so you can switch bases? It would only be a couple of models.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Xaric
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Xaric » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:07 am

why did I not think about that I did some experiments to do that to all models but would have cost and taken loads of time but for some models should be fine :) thanks for jogging my memory