The Highborn Guard - Avalorn Remnants - 2000 Point List

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Honourblade
MiniWarGaming Veteran

The Highborn Guard - Avalorn Remnants - 2000 Point List

Post by Honourblade » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Hey everyone!

Here is a list I have test played a few times in my local area, it is intended to be a tournament list run on a modified Swedish Comp System (2000 Points). Lists fluff is that this is a group prince Highborn sent to Avalorn to help protect the Everqueen, and these are the survivors from the war, marching back to Irmik's location, reason for the heavy elite looking list is that only the best survived the war, and secondly they are Elves and my Highborn so yeah, haha! Anyways, here is the list, let me know what you think, any C&C is welcome, tips or questions.

Lords - 350 Points

Tyrael Oakheart (Alarielle the Radiant's Rules)

Lore of Life all the way, and with the new Khiane book will give me the healing vortex, so that is 5 spells in total, the 5+ Ward Save will help till the Regen comes into effect, and the Magical Attacks will also help me a lot against certain Vampire Counts players, and Undead Players.

Hero - 295 Points

Ajax Rosario (Korhil's Rules)

Goes in the Horde of White Lions and is there to eat challenges and keep Oakheart and the BSB safe, not much else can be said about that.

Joseph Varitine

Battle Standard Bearer. Halberd, Heavy Armour, Lion Cloak, Banner of Avalorn

Goes in the brick, the 4+ to Cast on the White Lions will help with Thrones, Flesh to Stone, Regen, and Regrowth, which are the main spells I want to roll, so that will all be boosted by this banner, even Regen can if I dont get a good spell, and that makes those spells an 8+ to Cast, that is brilliant!

Core - 545 Points

5x Ellyrion Reavers - Bows

5x Ellyrion Reavers - Bows

These guys are my chaff, redirect enemies into the front of the White Lions, or hunt Warmachines, nothing special, they were mainly just Core and Point filler.

15x Silver Helms - Full Command, Shields

Follows the White Lions and tries to get the Flank charge on them, at the end of the day it is still 16 Re-rolling to hit S5 hits to a Flank which is great no matter what way you look at it, and they move fast, so I could use them to pin a Monster or unit from Flanking the White Lions.

Special - 600 Points

40x White Lions - Full Command, Banner of the World Dragon

My main unit of the army, all my Characters go with this unit, is mean to march forward and eat whatever charge the enemy throws at it, Banner will protect them from Magic, while hopefully my Life magic will go off and make me unlikely to lose models before I reach Combat.

Rare - 210 Points

3x Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers

To smash that one scary monster turn 1, make lone Characters know there folly, and to take out chaff before it gets annoying, never gone wrong with these bad boys, so yeah.
"Give no thought to failure, nor defeat - We are the children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."

Current and only army: High Elves
- 6000 Points worth of models
- 2000 of 6000 Points painted
- 1850 of 4000 Points in progress

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: The Highborn Guard - Avalorn Remnants - 2000 Point List

Post by coldsteel » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:39 am

An elf named Joseph...?
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Honourblade
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Honourblade » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes.. My nobles have a mix of Elven and Human names, it is for the ones that were born at a Human outpost that the Elves help defend in Lustria against the Daemons, so some of there parents got killed and the Humans helped, and named the ones that didn't have names, and stuff like that, this guy was adopted by Humans after his mother died, and the Highborn Guard found him on there retreat from there outposts back to Ulthaun :)
"Give no thought to failure, nor defeat - We are the children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."

Todda
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Todda » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:34 am

No sisters of Avelorn. I would take 2 Units of 14 with a High Sister and add a Handmaiden of the Everqueen. That is 602 points of nasty shooting... 30 shots BS5+, S4 Flaming, move and shoot at no minus... 5 wide and all 3 ranks shooting... Add in 4 Repeating Bolt Throwers and you are at 882 points of nasty shooting.
I made the move to professionally painting 3 years ago. I paint a good mix between speed and quality. This keeps prices low, like a typical 2K 40k army is under $500.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

Honourblade
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Honourblade » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:47 pm

That would also put me in the 2400 Point to 3400 Point range respectively.. That and Sisters are weak in defence, that and they are utterly loyal to the Everqueen.. Whom my guys have left behind.. Makes sense when you read the fluff, haha!

But for 600 Points that isnt the best use of Points.. Especially in a meta with only one Destruction army.. Considering all Undead are neutral.. I do run a brick of 20 with High Sister (7W x 3D) which works really well