starting high elves and having trouble with a 800pt list hel

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
jhagger08
First post! Good job, now post more...

starting high elves and having trouble with a 800pt list hel

Post by jhagger08 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm thinking a group of 16 phoenixgguard with caradryan and a arch mage to give them 5+ and a 3++ and a unit of 17 lothern sea guard but I think I have to few units and the arch mage is to high points can anyone help

LordBodom
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: starting high elves and having trouble with a 800pt list

Post by LordBodom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:14 am

You need more damage may I suggest scrapping the sea guard for an anvils type unit of regular spearmen, decreasing or just getting rid of phenoix guard and take archers, swormasters, and a bolt thrower instead.

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:06 am

Drop the Archmage for a normal lvl 2 mage. But, you do need a third unit (not a character) for a legal list. 800 points is pretty low for WFB, to be honest. A better start point's about 1K.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Honourblade
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Honourblade » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:49 am

Start at 1000 Points (1K) jhagger08, 800 Points is kinda pointless, as it is both too small, and not really fun, fantasy is about the tactics, and a 1000 Points just gives you a taste of that, anyways, I am going to assume you have an IoB (Island of Blood) box set, and just for the sake of it I am going to assume you have a Battalion box, so this is what I would recommend based off this:

Heroes - 120 Points

Mage - High Magic, Wizard Level 2

This will give you a taste of Magic, and if you stuff up your rolls or don't like the rolls, it will let you pick both the Sig's which are both great Spells, also put him in either the Spearmen or the Archers, it will grant the unit a maximum of a 5++ Ward Save because of his Attribute (If you get both spells off) and he counts as a Level 3 with High Magic.

Core - 530 Points

Archers - 17x Archer

Some light range support, these will do a bit of damage and give you great range, for a 1000 Point game they should always be in range of something, don't expect them to win games though, they will just cut wounds off lone Characters, or big things (Rat Ogres if your friend took the Skaven models).

Silver Helms - Champion, Standard Bearer, 5x Silver Helm, Shields

Your flanking force, moves fast and hits hard, gives you some Heavy Armour on the field, will definitely help you win combat at this point level, and will make a massive difference.

Spearmen - Champion, Musician, 20x Spearman, Standard Bearer, Standard of Discipline

Just a anvil unit, Mage should be a little safe in this, he will boost their survival level a lot, and they should hold the line easy enough, they get to Attack in 4 Ranks if they are charged, so that is good for them, will teach you how to manipulate your lines and ow to flank the enemy in conjunction with other units.

Special - 280 Points

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Just take it, I don't have to explain how good this unit is at low Point games.

Sword Masters of Hoeth - Champion, Standard Bearer, Flaming Standard, 10x Sword Master

Hit someones flank with these after they charge your Spearmen, and watch your opponent cry, few things in the game cause this much pain, and it is priceless, reason for the Flame Banner is cause of Regen and if you are unlucky to go against something big it will be a life saver.

Rare - 70 Points

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

They are awesome, has 2 firing modes, and can skewer lone Characters, that is all you need to know, for 70 Points they are a must take in all all-comer lists.
"Give no thought to failure, nor defeat - We are the children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."

Current and only army: High Elves
- 6000 Points worth of models
- 2000 of 6000 Points painted
- 1850 of 4000 Points in progress

sajjad123
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by sajjad123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:46 am

Hit someones flank with these after they charge your Spearmen, and watch your opponent cry, few things in the game cause this much pain, and it is priceless, reason for the Flame Banner is cause of Regen and if you are unlucky to go against something big it will be a life saver.
Get free demos for Dumps C4040-225 exam and mcts exam with braindumps CLO-001 guaranteed success.